Header

Welcome to my blog, where I will journal about my adventures in life and think about what it is to live.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Things I'm Thankful for

It's nice to think of things you're thankful for...


I am thankful for food. When the dining hall has watermelon and strawberries. Peaches and pecan pie. Eating good food with good friends, and laughing and sharing life. Pausing for a moment to be together.

I am thankful for conversation. When someone takes the time to talk to me when I'm lonely, when I'm able to comfort someone else who feels alone.

I am thankful for my phone, and computer, and college. And my parents helping to pay for those things.

I am thankful for writing, and reading. For watching leaves fall off the trees and sun set over the water.

I am thankful for my poodle who helps teach me about unconditional love and joy. For the way he snuggles against my feet in bed, the way he howls when I come home, and his goofy smile when he's getting attention and love.

I am thankful for and proud of my brother, who is super awesome.

I am thankful for my choir. For singing and playing guitar. I am thankful for my comfy chair and naps in it.

For my doctors and therapist who care about my health. and all the people who have supported me in my struggles.

For the many churches I have attended or visited, and the wonderful people I have met there.

For camp chestnut ridge and all the wonderful people I met there. For riding horses through fall leaves.

For DYA and the many ways it continues to bless my life.

I am thankful for books. And purple. And the smell of the people I love. And the smell of the sound and the ocean and cedar and horses.

And if you are reading this, I am thankful for you.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment